Home AboutMe Crafts Food

Friday, May 11, 2012

Roadtrip Ready: I Spy Book

Hey y'all! My name is Kate and I am so excited to be sharing with you all today here at Random Thoughts of a Supermom!

When you get a minute be sure to check out my blog; Embracing Life's Journey. I blog about life after the loss of a child - our 14 month old son Charlie, life with our new son Cannon, DIY crafts, recipes and so much more!

Today I am going to share with you all an amazingly easy project that I first learned about in my moms club in Florida. These are some of the most creative and awesome ladies ever, and I am so excited to share this I Spy Book with you.

Okay, so here we go...


There are 6 very simple steps to the process and depending on how old your kiddo is you can get pretty creative and complex.

Step 1: Gather and lay out on a poster board random toys.

Step 2: Snap a picture of them and don't worry about zooming in perfectly.


Step 3: Remove most of the items leaving only a few for the key side of the page.


Now upload the pictures into your photo editing software. If you don't have one do not fret, there are plenty of free editing websites that do not require registration, like picmonkey.

Step 4: Edit the photos. All I did to mine was use auto adjust and crop since I wasn't trying to accomplish anything fancy. I also just shot them on auto but with no flash...I really don't like flash.




Step 5: Either print out the photos or upload them to a site to have them printed. I did mine through Walgreen's and they were ready in 1 hour. Be careful to remove the auto adjust option otherwise they might cut off your items and change the exposure.

You will repeat these steps for as many pages as you would like to do.

Step 6: Assemble your book.


Of course I had to do a University of Michigan one...


That's it, easy huh? I think some nature ones would be pretty fun too! And if your kids are a little older they can even help you pick out what to use.

I hope you enjoyed my tutorial and thank you so much to Kelli for having me as a guest blogger today!


embracinglifesjourney.com

Linking up here..
Pin It!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that is awesome and something I can actually make!

Kmama said...

What a great idea.

Love the UofM pages. ;-)

Kate said...

Nichol it really is, thank you! :) I would love to see your finished one or hear ideas on the items you used. :)

Kmama thank you. We bleed Blue and Maize around here...even this kids nurseries were/are done in UofM. :)

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

I love this idea! And I love your blog, Kate. We're going through a difficult time after a loss, and I found healing in your words. Thank you.

Lina - Fancy Frugal Life said...

Great idea!! My kids like those I Spy type books :)
Lina

Six Sisters said...

This is an awesome idea! We would love for you to come share this at our weekly link party and enter to win a $50 gift card to Mikarose Clothing!

http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2012/05/strut-your-stuff-saturday-link-party_11.html

Love,
The Sisters

Betty said...

Great idea! I will definitely make one of these.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...