Home AboutMe Crafts Food

Monday, February 27, 2012

Brownie Stuff

I like brownies.
And I really like this yummy dessert that we call Brownie Stuff!
BUT we only have 89 days until we leave on our big road trip. That will be here soon...and my behind has got to get into shape so that I can enjoy all of the great outdoors on our trip. There will be lots of hiking and biking and walking and mountain climbing for me to do in three months and I want to be ready for it. SO Jason and I started the P90X program today. Let me tell you...it is hard! Getting up at 4:45 this morning was not pretty, but I knew I had to work off this yummy dessert that we devoured this weekend:)
It is kind of painful to share this yummy dessert with you knowing that it will be quite a while before I will enjoy it again...but that doesn't mean you can't whip it up for your family:) 
 We call this Brownie Stuff. It is sort of like a trifle, but it's a lazy version of a trifle because there is only one layer of each thing...so I just call it Brownie Stuff:) All you need to make this {way too yummy chocolate heaven dessert} is a box of brownie mix, a box of instant chocolate pudding, and a tub of Cool Whip {plus the eggs, oil, and milk needed to make the brownies and pudding}.
 Start by mixing up your instant pudding according to the directions on the box. Then stick it in the fridge to chill.
 Mix your brownies according to the directions on the box, bake them in a 13X9 pan, cool them completely, then crumble them up in the pan. I usually take out the corners and any of the edges that get crispy and eat them as a snack...you want your Brownie Stuff to get soft and gooey:)
 Layer your chilled pudding on top of the crumbled brownies...
...and top it off with a layer of Cool Whip. Stick your Brownie Stuff in the fridge to chill for a couple of hours. This is even better the next day when all the pudding has soaked into the brownies and turned into soft chocolate yumminess! I wanted to get a picture of it all scooped up pretty on a plate, but we ate it so quick that there was no time to grab my camera:) 


So to recap:
Make this yummy dessert for your family!
I'll not be making or eating it for at least 3 months.
And I'll be working hard at P90X!
But I'll be craving Brownie Stuff the whole time:)

Linking up here..
Tatertots and Jello
Serenity Now
Someday Crafts
Skip to my Lou
Pin It!

15 comments:

carissa said...

yum! if it's chocolate i'm in! : ) i have made something similar before... it was with graham crackers, pudding and frosting. so good!

{northern cottage} said...

yep this looks BAD good! mmmmm! i'm your newest linky follower & would adore having you pop by for a visit anytime! xo

www.NorthernCottage.net

Anonymous said...

MMM Brownie Stuff sure sounds good! I am going to start P90X next week. I'm hoping mama pooch will go bye bye!

staci @ lizard n ladybug said...

oh boy does that look good!!!!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

YUM!! I make a trifle like that, and boy is it tasty. I love the idea of trying it in a pan. :)

Carrie said...

Oh Kelli...I have to read this at night when I'm most vulnerable! ha! That looks so good! I have no control when it comes to sweets...how could you! haha! :-)
Best wishes with your P90X! I know you can do it! And your trip will be amazing! It's really not too far off! yay!

Liz {Learning To Juggle} said...

Seriously?!?! That looks so good!!! Might have to repurpose the brownies I made last night into this :D

Darcie said...

YUM! YUM~ YUM!!!! DId I say how yummy that looks?

Foursons said...

That looks so good! I am impressed you're doing P90X. I have heard that just the warm-up is exhausting. But I love the reason you are doing it and I think you're going to be very successful because of it. Good luck and update us on your efforts!

Q @ JAQS said...

Mouth is watering!

Love for you to share it at my “Made by ME” Linky Party Wednesdays :)
http://www.jaqsstudio.com/2012/02/made-by-me-20-linky-party.html

Siouxzie Queue said...

Where I come from, we call this dirt cake. Throw in some gummy worms (and tint your Cool-Whip green with some food coloring) and presto! Dirt cake.
Ah, to be 5 again...

Jenn said...

This sounds divine!

Lisa @ Flour Me With Love said...

This sounds delicious! I'd love for you to share the recipe at Mix it up Monday:

http://flourmewithlove.blogspot.com/2012/03/mix-it-up-monday.html

I hope to see you soon:)

GingerBabyMama said...

I absolutely LOVE this recipe! I just found your blog today - and guess what? I posted the same recipe on my blog yesterday!
http://gingerbabymama.blogspot.com/2012/03/super-amazing-totally-irresistible.html
Small world - but it seriously is the BEST recipe!

Addicted to Recipes said...

Sounds yummy! And easy to do! Would love for you to share it at http://iamaddictedtorecipes.blogspot.com/p/link-party.html
Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...