Home AboutMe Crafts Food

Friday, November 26, 2010

Project in Progress...

Besides eating lots of turkey and staying up all night to shop, I also spent part of the holiday week being productive. You may remember the old school desk that I picked up last year for only $5...I had big plans for all three school desks back in January. Well, it is November and I'm finally getting around to working on them.
They are painted....blue for Henry, green for Grant, and orange for Eli!
I've also added some chalkboard paint to the desk tops and I put the boys' names with on the backs with vinyl. I still want to add a few more fun details to make them a little more special. Hopefully I will use the rest of the weekend {if I'm not too wiped out from shopping all night} to finish these up and I can share them with you next week!

Did you do anything productive this week? Or did you just enjoy the holiday with family while eating lots of good food:) I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving...and Happy Black Friday!
Pin It!

13 comments:

Audrey @ Sweet Cheeks said...

Love this! I'm in the beginning stages of planning a vintage-school themed birthday party for my daughter and these would be perfect...can't wait to see the end result!

Amanda said...

Oh I can't wait to see the finished product! They look great so far!

Emily said...

I am so not brave enough to do any Black Friday shopping...but I hope you found some good deals! Love the desks! Are you going to post a pic of the finished project?

staci @ lizard n ladybug said...

how cute are those desks?!
I was under the weather Wednesday & yesterday knocked me out. I did manage to shop a bit today..nothing that I needed :)
I'm planning to do a little online shopping on Monday!!

Kmama said...

Those are so cute. I bet the boys will LOVE them.

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

Oh my goodness, I love them! I wish I could find some desks like these for my girls! And $5, I cannot believe it!

Stephanie said...

What a great project!! Oh, and shopping all night.Gee why don't they have this stuff in Canada! :)

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

They look so cute! What a fun idea Kelli!

xox
Jen

Myya said...

chalkboard desk tops... that is too cool! They are going to LOOOOVE those. You are such a cool mamma!

Anonymous said...

I've been shopping like crazy all weekend, and still have tomorrow for Cyber Monday. But I'm happy to say I only have 3 more gifts and I'm done! Love the desks, they turned out great. Hope you had a great weekend.

He & Me + 3 said...

Wow they look fantastic so far. Love the bright colors and that you have the boys color coded. CUTE

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

I'm impressed! They look great!

shanda said...

I absolutely adore these desks. I have two desks just like these for my daughters and had no idea what to do with them. You are an inspiration...and it's my first time visiting your blog. I hope you post a pic of the finished product- I would love to see what the chalkboard desk tops look like.
May I ask what type/brand of paint you used? I especially love the green color.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...