Home AboutMe Crafts Food

Monday, November 9, 2009

Rainy Monday Afternoon

I am sitting at the computer...listening to it rain. Probably something I'm going to be hearing a lot of for the next day or so thanks to Ida {who is now thankfully only a tropical storm}.

I have been slacking when it comes to the blog lately. Not because of lack of want to...more like lack of inspiration. The last few days have been hectic and tiring, and I haven't had the time {or energy} to do anything fun or inspirational!

Last week, I spent a few days out of town to attend a funeral. And when I got back, I was so exhausted that it has taken me all weekend to recuperate and try to get back into a semi-normal routine.

And now the weather is throwing everything off. Henry's school closed an hour early today, and I'm guessing that they are going to cancel school tomorrow just to be safe. During a normal week, that would be fine....but I had a doctor's appointment today and Grant is going to the dentist to have a procedure done on his tooth tomorrow. Plus, there is no school or preschool on Wednesday for Veteran's Day. That means two more days of sitting inside listening to the rain {that is if I can hear it over my extremely loud children}.

Maybe all this time off {and rain} will give me a chance to get crafty with the boys! I still haven't started working on these:

And I think the boys will really like getting all sticky and messy with me. I just hope I can handle all three of them when they get messy...and keep Eli from eating too much Mod Podge!

Well, I'm off to start laundry...because, you know, it is Monday!

Hopefully I will have some great {and SUPER messy} pictures of our pumpkin project to share with you tomorrow!


Pin It!

7 comments:

More Than Words said...

I love the rain (only when I don't have to drive in it though).

We all get into a funk, and that's normal!!

Can't wait to see what you come up with next!

Carrie said...

I know what you mean about the messes! That's why I bribed Emily when she wanted to play with Play-doh! I said, well...if you let me take some pictures first! haha! Poor Emily! It's hard to get anything done when there is another mess when I turn around. I guess that's the life of a mom, but it's so hard some days :) Hope you all enjoy that craft together, I can't wait to see how it turns out! And hope Grant's procedure goes well!

Jennifer W. said...

Will Grant's dentist be open tomorrow? J/W. Ida shouldn't be too much problem...just rainy, rainy. I'm actually looking forward to a few days that I don't have to load and unload the van several times to do drop-offs and pick-ups!
Jen

Theresa said...

We are going to get some of that rain in Georgia too and we had 20 inches two months ago, so rain isn't welcome here these days! Can't wait to see the pumpkin project:) Have a blessed day!

Foursons said...

I hear ya girl. I just posted last Thursday that my get up and go got up and left. It's hard when life gets that way. I look forward to some crafty pictures!

He & Me + 3 said...

Sorry about all the rain. I hope that you get some cute shots of those projects. You always inspire me:) Hope the rain stops.

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see what you do! Rainy days are the best for Podging :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...